Friday, July 31, 2009

YEAH, YEAH, YEAH....

I know my last post was over two weeks ago. What do you expect? I'm old and tired and can hardly put my fingers to the keys....

But a conversation with my friend John reminded me why I'm writing this blog. When you start to think about this "Turning S*x*y" stuff and aging and all that it can scare the **** out of you! Listen to this recent experience of John's....

Dropped off my car for service, and they were still open. Rick said he checked, and I didn't have it done very long ago, and I said that I had put on 3K miles. He said he saw that I had done 800 in 2+ weeks, but was going to check to be sure it wasn't something like they forgot to change the window sticker, or put the wrong mileage, because he didn't want to do the service if it wasn't needed. If only the doctors paid that much attention..

WHAT DOES THIS SAY ABOUT OUR SOCIETY? Auto mechanics (good ones, anyway) pay more attention to your car than physicians pay to our bodies! I'm being simplistic and the good docs are attempting to be like Rick the auto mechanic. But in my case, my personal physician has 4200 patients. Do you think Rick works on 4200 cars in a year? I DON'T THINK SO!!! And yet what's more important?

With the "Turning S*X*Y" set aging, we all have to be our own best advocates or we're F**K*D......but you didn't hear that from me....and apologies to my family members who are part of the medical profession but you know I speak the truth!

No comments:

Post a Comment