Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Just a reminder....

that it is INCREDIBLY COOL (ok, I'm dating myself with that word...) to be turning s*x*y. Listen to this!

Happy Birthday Meryl, Vera, Sissy, and Anna! These beautiful, brilliant, accomplished women are putting the “sex” back into sexagenarian.

Meryl Streep just turned 60 last weekend, and Vera Wang’s seventh decade begins next week. Bonnie Raitt and Sissy Spacek and Anna Wintour and Jessica Lange will soon follow. But these elderly geezers are not exactly going gently into that good night; instead, they have gone from zero to 60 with engines roaring. Streep just picked up an honorary degree from Princeton, Lange starred in the HBO hit Grey Gardens, Wang is about to twirl on Dancing With the Stars.

Now I have to admit, I'm still waiting for the local community college to call me about my honorary degree, and my closest connection to HBO is that my daughter worked there for a year and NO WAY am I going to appear on Dancing With The Stars! (I'm sure I would win but I have a philosophical objection to reality TV....)

However, I DID invent "Turning S*x*y" and you never know what else I might come up with. So stay tuned.....and while you're at it, have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment