Friday, May 15, 2009

Stepping Aside

Sorry to keep blogging about articles, but my feelings are a bit hurt. In the last week, I told two different people that I'd started a blog about "Turning S*x*y." Both of them said "Have you read Anna Quindlen's last Newsweek column?"

Well, here it is: http://www.newsweek.com/id/195657

Maybe it's OK for Anna Quindlen to say she'll "step aside." She has a lot of money now, and as she says, she's still going to write books. And frankly, I think it's pretty cheeky to say that you're going to retire at age 57 or something (she says she was 8 when JFK was elected) in the middle of a recession. Sort of like thumbing your nose at your public.

For some of us, we didn't hit it big in our 30s, our 40s or even in our 50s. We are still chasing the dream, and as my friend Jerry Posner says "Wake Up Late Bloomers! It's Not Too Late!" or something to that effect. So with all due respect to Anna, I am NOT stepping aside. In fact, I think I'll stand right in the middle of the sidewalk and make someone notice me....

No comments:

Post a Comment