Friday, May 22, 2009

Finally, we find something to cheer about!

Ok, troops, you knew that SOMEDAY people would say "Boy, I sure envy all those people over 60!" Well, we now have Reason #1: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/05/21/AR2009052104033.html?referrer=emailarticle

That's right -- at least a third of individuals over 60 who were tested had partial immunity to the H1N1 virus, known in the 'hood as the swine flu!

Now, it happens that the swine flu is actually spreading in Eastern MA so I don't want to sound like I'm not sensitive to other people's troubles. But with so many of our compatriots looking for work right now (I know, they don't call it "age discrimination" they call it "reduction in force and you guys make more money so what do you expect me to do?")we could definitely advertise ourselves as "a good employment risk because we are less likely to be out for long periods of time during a major pandemic..." I mean, you have to emphasize your strengths.

No comments:

Post a Comment