Thursday, October 14, 2010

So now we're never going to stop working.....?

You know, we Baby Boomers thought we had this whole "aging" thing down pat. We were going to control the world, make everyone else do our bidding and laugh our way to the grave.

Now it turns out that society is starting to fight back. They don't want to take care of a bunch of indolent former hippies. So they're starting to write little subversive articles about how we'd better keep working or our brains will turn to mush....

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/12/science/12retire.html?src=me&ref=general

This is NOT FAIR! Why can everyone else retire and we can't? Just because we're going to cost the society their entire nest-egg? Too bad. We EARNED IT! I've got a deck chair all picked out where I can snap my fingers at the staff and say "Hey, you there...another pina colada!" (Except I don't like coconut so it will have to be a rum punch.) And what do you mean the rum punch is going to help my brain atrophy. Doesn't anyone here have a sense of humor?

I've either been in school, been working, been taking care of tiny children or been working, working, working my whole life. When does the merry go round stop? When do I get my lifetime supply of cotton candy?

And we are going to make massage therapy one of the preventive benefits of Medicare, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment